Sunday, March 18, 2012

32 Weeks!

32 Weeks and 1 Day
32 Weeks and 1 Day



How big is the baby this week: Squash!

Due Date:
May 11, 2012

Symptoms: This week the symptoms include itchy belly, waking up at 7am and 7:30am on a weekened (seriously?! I only have a few more weeks that I will be able to sleep in), achy ankles if I have been on my feet a lot throughout the day.

Cravings: Sugar! Which is not good right now- my midwife said sugar goes straight to the baby so that makes me feel even worse about this craving. I ate one too many sugary treats so far this week:(

Aversions: Nothing really to mention.

Sleep: This is getting rough. The weather has been so warm in March that we have our AC on now. I can't seem to comfortably regulate my own temperature so with the belly and being hot or cold I can't get a good sleep in... not to mention the many trips to the bathroom.

I am loving: Getting organized! I finally feel like I have a handle on most of her things- most everything is washed, folded, and put away.

I miss: I actually had a dream about taking a nice leisurely run the other night- so weird that I was so happy in this dream as I was RUNNING lol. I think I just miss being able to go out and push myself exercising which is one thing I thought I would never miss. I also miss being able to sit out on the porch with an adult beverage- I guess lemonade or water has to do for now.

I am looking forward to: Finishing up the last bit of things on the nursery.

I'm spazzing about: Bottles! Even though I plan to pretty much exclusively breastfeed, I would like her once she gets around 6 weeks old to be able to have a nighttime bottle with Dan so he can get some bonding in too. We registered for Dr. Brown bottles, but after my breastfeeding class we realized we registered for the bottles they definitely discourage getting- the narrow nipple bottle. Plus with all the parts with Dr. Brown we may just return them and find something else. I have heard a few good things about the new Tommee Tippee bottles as they mimic the actual breast better than any other bottle. I might even just get one to start off and she what she likes..Getting her glider finished- I have to bump this one up on the priority list and just bite the bullet and find someone asap to get it covered.


Best thing about this week: Feeling so lucky to have our little girl almost here! Also seeing her at our Lake Norman 3D Ultrasound.

Milestones: I finally feel big like big in the way someone who is 8 months pregnant should look...its exciting to know she will be here soon.


Movement: A LOT. Saylor has decided she likes to be on the move probably 80% of the day. Also when I wake up in the morning to go the bathroom and then get back into bed she lets me know shes up too with a few rolls and kicks.

It's a...: Girl!



  We also made an appointment this week to go see Roxanne at Lake Norman 3D and had such an incredible time. Saylor started off transverse, which meant she was lying horizontal across my belly with her face turned towards my back. After some coaxing (shaking pennies in a jar on my stomach got her attention as well as me getting up and walking around) she completely flipped head down facing out which made for some great pictures! Roxanne also took some measurements of her and measured her to weigh roughly around 4lbs which is a great weight for her. She also said she is a tall girl already! Her length and weight is measuring her about a week ahead and she said she has long legs (like her momma and daddy). During the session her cord kept going in front of her face and every time it passed by her mouth she would react and open her mouth- Roxanne said this is a reflex all babies have and we got some cute pictures with her mouth open too. 
Saylor Monroe

Hopefully will have some nursery pictures up this week as well... its really all coming together!

1 comment:

  1. Where you at, friend? I'm hoping you're just super busy getting ready for baby, as I'm missing your blogging.

    PS I nominated you for a fun little award over on my blog!

    ReplyDelete