Wednesday, March 7, 2012

30 weeks

 30weeks and 5 days

I can't believe its been so long since my last post! I have been so busy! We have had visitors, baby shower, my mom up, work etc. that time has been flying by.. I guess which is a good thing- closer to meeting Saylor. Today I am 30 weeks and 5 days along.. on Friday I will already be 31 weeks. We had our appointment today and baby girl is doing great and my midwife even said she is already positioned head down. I asked if there was a chance she could flip before then, but my midwife said once they are head down they generally stay that way- here is hoping! Dan and I are having more moments lately that we just look at each other when we see a little girl or a baby and have that "omg we are so close. omg life will change forever. omg we are so excited... and omg this is going to be crazy" etc.

My baby shower was wonderful- the food, decorations, the CAKE! Everything was so great... except the fact that my expensive dress I bought to carry me through my shower and a very important business meeting a few weeks down the road did not fit three days after I bought it- literally the night before my shower! Even my best friend was shocked that it seemed like my belly had grown over night since the day before when she had flown in from out of town. Thankfully my Aunt Cathy, best friend Carly, and mom was there to keep me calm. I ended up in a black maxi dress with a denim jacket and necklace... disaster averted and the dress returned. 

In other news I also got my first stretch marks that week as well. Dan tried his hardest to convince me they were lines from my pants or maybe veins- anything but the dreaded stretch marks. Bless his heart, but they are in fact stretch marks. About four tiny ones and one larger one under my stomach down low. I am hoping with continued slathering of cream and hydration I can keep any more from coming along. Fingers and toes crossed. 

Her nursery is also almost complete! I can't wait to post some pictures, but I first have to track down a seamstress to cover the glider we have from Dan's grandfather. I love that something of his will have a special place in her room. 

Last bit of news is that we took a breastfeeding class Monday night. So glad we did and so very informative! My hospital is very pro breastfeeding when possible and they have lactation consultants on call 7 days a week. Dan was afraid he would be the only guy in the class *the email stated partners encouraged to attend*. Luckily every one in there was a couple, and I am so glad he came. After the class I think all the dads truly got how breastfeeding is not always so natural and how its really a commitment and undertaking (especially in the first few weeks) and how much support the moms need during that time. We were told the baby will eat 8-12 times in a 24 hr period and sometimes even more than that during a growth spurt... talk about full time work lol, but I am glad to do it for Saylor if I can..

How big is the baby this week: Cucumber.

Due Date:
May 11, 2012

Symptoms:  Tossing and turning a lot at night from sore hips. If I sit too long I get a pain down my right leg... I'm guessing sciatic nerve? Feeling her roll, push, and kick A LOT. Traveling to the restroom so much I had to ask my midwife if it was normal lol


Cravings: Cereal was a craving during week 29... last night I craved pasta and we had a great dinner at Portofino's restaurant in South Park- yummy!

Aversions: Nothing to mention.

Sleep: Tossing and turning... can't wait till Master bathroom remodel is done and we are back in our big bed!


I am loving: Being so far along in the pregnancy and it being a fairly smooth one so far- we are very lucky. Also week 29 my mom and MIL gave me a great shower and I feel so blessed that so many people love this baby already.

I miss: Having energy! Week 30 has hit and boy am I tired!

I am looking forward to: Weekends! Every weekend when I know I don't have to get up early and get just relax.

I'm spazzing about: Our childbirth class being cancelled and the next one is not till April 20 and 21st:( That seems so close to my due date- May 11th.

Best thing about this week: Getting closer to seeing her... and took my second nap today of my whole pregnancy.


Milestones: We are so close!


Movement: Saylor decided this morning at 7:30am it was gymnastics time. She is constantly moving now and I am happy about that...now if we can just make sure it doesn't happen after 11:30pm and before 7:30am lol

It's a...: Saylor Monroe

1 comment: