Thursday, December 29, 2011

20 Weeks!

 HOLY baby belly! All of a sudden 20 weeks hit and so did my stomach! I am really, really starting to look pregnant now. I took this pic a few days ago at night after eating so I don't think I really look this big, but maybe that is denial setting in?
 Baby girl's profile at exactly 20 weeks


The dreaded Glucola test was this week since my midwife wanted to check my sugars early. So along with our 20 week anatomy scan I had to down this in 5 minutes and get blood drawn... the good news is... it wasn't too bad and I PASSED! I still have to take my 28 week test, but at least till then I don't have to stress.

How big is baby this week? Cantaloupe.

Due Date: May 11, 2012

Weight Gain: ? I was lucky I did not have to get weighed in at my 20 week appointment since I was meeting with the ultrasound tech.

Symptoms: Umm.. heartburn still and finding myself being more hungry on a frequent basis... seems every 2.5-3hrs I am ready to eat something.

Cravings: Cuties (those little oranges that are so good!) and Subway.

Aversions: No aversions really... although I had a bite of Brie cheese that did not agree with the taste buds. Good thing since I shouldn't eat it anyways.

Sleep: Sleep is going well, however I am finding it more difficult to turn over. It seems I wake up a little every time I flip over.. I am starting to feel like a rotisserie chicken at night.

I am loving: Baby girl is kicking up a storm! Sometimes it feels really bizarre... like wow there really is a baby in there. It is so much more real... each step in pregnancy makes it more real I guess.

I miss: I had to go out to dinner at a place that served sushi- it was tragic. I stared at my mothers plate of raw sushi with this longing... it was almost comical. I ended up with lettuce wraps.

I am looking forward to: Learning how to use my new Canon Rebel on manual! Also I want to try out prenatal yoga... it should be hilarious- I haven't stretched in a long time!

I'm spazzing about: All of a sudden I keep hearing in my head "four more months"- even though technically it is five months I have a feeling she will come early, and four months just sounds crazy to me. We could have a baby that soon? OMG.

Best thing about this week: All the Christmas gifts baby girl received- her closet is FULL already and the ladies at Gymboree know my mother and I already.

Milestones: Hubbs got to feel her kick on Dec. 27th- it was so neat! She definitely saved a strong kick for daddy.

Movement: She is always moving right after I eat almost like clock work. She used to be more on my lower left side but this week seems to have moved to either right below my belly button or on my lower right side.

It's a...: Girl:)

No comments:

Post a Comment